MahMah's "A Kiss from Heaven" Organic Juice Tea is rich in health-promoting*, organic ingredients including:
- Kiwi Fruit - Originally from China, kiwis are rich in vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids. They have been used for medicinal purposes for nearly 1,000 years. A kiwi has the potassium content of a banana, even more Vitamin C than an orange, and is an excellent source of beta-carotene.
- Cranberry - The high level of the antioxidant proanthocyanidins (PACs) in cranberries may prevent bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract walls. As a result, cranberries are often used to prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Lavender - Lavender oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is often used to help heal small wounds such as minor burns and bug bites. Research into lavender has shown that it may be useful in promoting good mental health. It is a promising treatment for a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
- Papaya - Papaya is famous as the source of the enzyme papain - a powerful digestive aid. In addition to helping with constipation and bloating, papain is also a pain-reducer and anti-inflammatory. It is commonly used to help heal sore throats. Papaya is also filled with other powerful ingredients, including B vitamins, such as folate and pantothenic acid; antioxidants including vitamin C, carotenoids, and bioflavonoids; important minerals such as potassium and magnesium; and phytochemicals that are being studied for their potential to promote health. Scientists are beginning to recognize the protective role papaya can take in the prevention of a wide variety of conditions: cataract formation, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diverticulosis, and possibly even hypertension.
- Blueberries - Blueberries are well-known as a superfood due to their antioxidant content. The antioxidants in blueberries, such as Vitamins C and E as well as anthocyanins and phenolic compounds, help protect the body against many chronic diseases. Based on data from the USDA’s Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (Boston, MA), blueberries are among the fruits with the strongest ability to slow the aging process.
- Red Raspberry - Red raspberries are one of the best sources of dietary fiber. They also contain an extraordinary variety of antioxidants. Two of these - ellagic acid and quercetin - are powerful cancer fighters that have been shown as effective against many types of cancer cells. Raspberries can also help reduce inflammation pain associated with some joint conditions, including gout and arthritis, through the anthocyanins they contain.
- Pomegranate Juice - Like raspberries, pomegranates contain multiple cancer-fighting compounds. An Israeli study found that pomegranate juice amazingly destroys breast cancer cells without damaging nearby healthy cells.
- Cinnamon - Cultures around the world use cinnamon for medical purposes. It has proved to be effective due to its high antioxidant activity and its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon is also a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
- Honey - Honey is a powerful fat burner, a natural antiseptic, and its easily digestible sugars make it an excellent source of energy. Alongside its many antioxidants, namely the nutraceuticals which boost the immune system and remove free radicals from the body, honey is a powerhouse ingredient in the juice.
- Acai Berry - Acai (pronounced as ah-sigh-ee) berry is often referred to as a superfood due to its powerful antioxidant qualities and nutritional density. Acai Berries contain compounds that help in preventing genetic damage and in boosting the effectiveness of the immune system. Acai Berries also contain hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and flavonoids that have been shown to fight against free radical damage and age-related conditions, such as insomnia, vision loss, wrinkles, and other skin issues, reduced libido, and hair loss. Acai Berries are also a very effective weight loss aid. They boost your metabolic rate, burning fat and calories while increasing stamina and energy. The dietary fibers these berries contain also prevent food cravings by interfering with neurotransmitters that trigger hunger. MahMah's "A Kiss from Heaven" uses an extra powerful dose of Acai Berries in its Fat Burner drink.
*Please consult with your doctor for personalized medical and nutritional advice.